How to reset Chromecast Google Chromecast is a nifty device that allows you “cast” media from any of your devices – laptops to tablets to mobile phones – onto your TV screen.
Maximum of the time, the device works pretty seamlessly with few difficulties, but like all gadgets, it’s not foolproof. Your Chromecast could stop or lag at some point, and while merely rebooting the device may support, if it doesn’t, you may require to resort to more severe measures.
Whether you’re attempting to solve tech problems or attach the device to a new wireless router in your home, resetting your Chromecast to its factory default settings might be the method to go.
Doing so is comparatively easy and should only need a few minutes, after which you’ll have a Chromecast that’s just like new again.
Here’s how to do it.
How to reset Google Chromecast on the device
1. Close to the micro USB port on your Chromecast, press and hold the small ring reset button for at least 25 seconds, or till the device’s lights start to flash.
2. Detach the power cable from your USB gear and wait a few seconds before plugging your Chromecast back in. This will make your Chromecast’s factory reset method, and you can start setting up the device as a new one.
How to reset Google Chromecast using the Google Home app
1. On your mobile or tablet, locate the Google Home app and tap to open it.
2. On the lower right-hand side of your display, tap the Account button, which looks like a small stick figure’s head and shoulder inside a circle.
3. Tap on the choice which tells you how various devices you currently have pinned up in your home.
4. When your list of home devices arrives, tap on the gadget you wish to reset.
5. On the screen for your chosen device, tap on the Settings symbol on the top right-hand corner of the display to open the Device Settings.
6. Touch on the three dots (…) on the top right-hand corner of the screen to show a new menu of options, where you will be capable of resetting your device. This will option be listed either as “Reset.”
7. Hit “Reset” and touch it again to verify your desire to restore the machine to factory settings.
It should be remarked that this process of factory reset is only possible when you’re still able to connect to your device by Wi-Fi. If not, you should use the first scheme listed.
Related coverage from
How To Enable And Disable Chromecast Casting On Android